Friday, March 8, 2013

International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day to all my beautiful ladies out there. I know it has been a very long time since my last post and since March is Women's History Month, I thought this would be a great time to make a comeback. 

International Women's Day (IWD) is observed every year on March 8th. I wanted to share with you a few links regarding IWD's history, how it's celebrated around the world, and the UN's initiative for today's IWD. 

IWD's History and Webpage

How IWD is celebrated around the world:

UN's Initiative for IWD

To follow the events and news for IWD, see below:

Twitter: #womensday
Facebook: facebook/internationalwomensday

Before I end, I would like to share with you a quote that I found from the IWD's website.

"The story of women's struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights" Gloria Steinem

Until next time.

~La Femme

No comments:

Post a Comment